- MBBS. (First class with Distinction). GS Medical College
& KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- FRCOG – Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists,
- DM (Doctorate of Medicine) – University of Nottingham,
- Dual certification in General Obstetrics and Gynaecology
and Feto-maternal Medicine (RCOG, UK)
- CCST – Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training
About Dr (Mrs) V Shantala
- Personal – Born in Mumbai – nee Shantala Kulkarni
- Husband – Dr. Hemant Vadeyar, Consultant Hepato-biliary
& Pancreatic Surgeon and Liver Transplantation.
- Mother – Three children
- Favourite food – Anything Indian!
- Favourite holiday destination – Switzerland
- Favourite dress – Saree
- Favourite sports – Cricket
- Favourite cricketer- M.S.Dhoni
- Favourite book – The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Favourite movie – Jodha Akbar
- Favourite music – A R Rahman, Shankar – Ehsaan – Loy
- School – St Joseph’s Convent, Mumbai
- Awarded the Tommy’s grant for pioneering research in
the field of Fetal Functional MRI (magnetic resonance
- Fetal functional MRI is a novel method of demonstration
of fetal brain activity in the prenatal / antenatal period
- Numerous presentations, papers and publications on
- Awarded the Doctorate of Medicine (DM) for this research
in 2004 by the University of Nottingham, UK.
Experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Graduation Seth GS Medical College and the KEM Hospital, Mumbai.
- Post-graduation in Obstetrics / Gynaecology : The Nowrosjee Wadia Maternity Hospital and KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- Soon after completion of her MD, she was selected for higher training by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London.
- Within a year of going to the UK, she became a Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London (MRCOG).
- Completed five years of general obstetrics and gynaecology training on the UK in prestigious teaching hospitals like the Queen’s Medical centre, Nottingham, UK
- Worked in busy hospitals in the UK including Nottingham City Hospital and Derby City General Hospital.
Experience in High Risk Pregnancy or Feto-Maternal Medicine
- Advanced Obstetric Ultrasound Diploma from the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists and the Royal College of Radiologists, UK
- High Risk Pregnancy (Perinatology) experience at the Queen’s Medical Centre, University Hospital of Nottingham.
- RCOG accredited specialist in Feto-Maternal Medicine, trained under the guidance of Professor David James, Nottingham.
- Appointed as a Consultant in Feto-maternal Medicine and Obstetrics at the Queen’s Medical Centre, University Hospital of Nottingham in 2001.
- Appointed the Director of the Fetal Medicine Unit (Pregnancy Assessment Centre) at Queen’s Medical Centre, University Hospital of Nottingham in 2002.
- Awarded the FRCOG degree (Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London) in 2007 for Advancement of the Science and Art of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Worked and trained with eminent Professors and leaders in the field of High Risk Pregnancy, Perinatology and Fetal Medicine.
- Keen on promoting Pre-pregnancy Maternal Health, First Trimester Antenatal Screening and Early Diagnosis of Fetal Anomalies
- Returned to Mumbai (after 14 years in the UK) as an Obstetrician and Specialist in Feto-maternal Medicine.
- Currently a Consultant at the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Andheri, Mumbai.
- Aims to practice as a Specialist in Feto-maternal medicine with active participation in teaching and training of Obstetric Ultrasound and Fetal Medicine.