What do I pack for my hospital bag? What should I pack for labour?
So the D-day is arriving soon…better be prepared and pack the essentials. Once your hospital bag is ready, you feel more confident and in control! TPC gives you some handy tips on how to pack for labour and delivery.
- Your antenatal records, hospital registration card, etc
- Slippers (comfortable, non-slip footwear)
- A nightgown / T- shirt (for labour)
- Dressing gown
- Chapstick (lips can get dry)
- Hair ties / hair band (you don’t want hair in your face)
- Digital Camera (with an extra charged battery) and/or camera/film/batteries
- Magazines or a book
- Music that you like – soothing and gentle
For after labour :
- 2-3 large T shirts with pyjamas (comfortable wear). TPC recommends something with buttons down the front so you have easier access to your breasts for breastfeeding.
- Several changes of underwear (full-bottomed, maternity panties, no thongs)
- Large sanitary pads (the hospital will provide you with some but you may have your own preferred brand. No tampons!)
- Nursing bras
- Breast pads
- Lanolin based breast ointment, nipple shields for breastfeeding
- Personal hygiene